Search This Blog

2013-03-31

Meeting that hopeful Prospect only to blow it.

So, I ran into this problem, what do I have in my life, that is worthy to talk about with another person that I randomly meet, say a girl for instance? I was in Half-Priced Books, and I bumped into a beautiful red head girl in the gardening section; I wanted to see if I could find anything on growing food. Well, we both giggled said we're sorry, and moved on. So later I run into her again in the fiction section and decided to talk bit. Well, I got a bit of something out of her as far as her book, but then I walked off, and came back like a retarded little boy talking about music, and then fantasy books, and then I left feeling embarrassed. Well, I came to the conclusion that I don't have much to talk about. "Hey, wanna hear me blab about musical theory? How about my Warhammer 40k collection, or my Halo collection, or my Star Wars collection, or my Battletech collection? I also have a bunch of books about Halo, or Warhammer, or of the such. Interested?" Not so much. I don't have much to share with a person right off the bat. I am also a horrible conversationalist when it comes to breaking the ice outside of my realm. I should make up cue cards of topic starters, breakers, and avoiders all together for each conversation. Something that I could review before each encounter, and also take notes on. Maybe some ideas of funny things to make them laugh, I don't know.

All I do know, is I technically hate people. Especially stupid people, and ignorant people. Unless there is something we click about, or we're forced to spend time together, you're probably not going to get to know me.

No comments: